- WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY FOR MULTI GENERATIONAL LIVING OR HOLIDAY / PRIVATE RENTAL BUSINESS VENTURE
- Impressive period Kent barn with SELF-CONTAINED DETACHED 3 BEDROOM HOLIDAY COTTAGE AND FORMER GRANARY
- Principle bedroom with spacious en-suite bathroom * 4 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom & separate ground floor shower room
- Open-plan kitchen/breakfast room with secondary family room and dining area
- Unspoilt semi-rural location within 2 miles to Historic Sandwich and St Faith's Prep School (Ofsted Excellent)
- Approximately 1.6 acres of garden and paddock * Separate access to Holiday Cottage & Granary
- Excellent commuter links and close to championship golf courses - Prince's Golf Club and Royal St George's at Sandwich Bay
- Large multi-use detached garage / workshop * Additional detached home office
- Excellent selection of schools in both Private and Public sectors
IDEAL OPPORTUNITY FOR MULTI GENERATIONAL LIVING OR HOLIDAY / PRIVATE RENTAL BUSINESS.
A beautiful and highly impressive period Kent barn conversion with a spacious and immaculately presented detached holiday cottage, and former granary/office. East Street Barn is set in a delightful yet convenient semi-rural position within beautiful gardens that the current owners have developed and which extend to approximately 1.58 acres.
Both the main house and 'The Willows' have been thoughtfully re-furbished and cleverly blend stunning period features with contemporary interior design with high vaulted ceilings contributing to a sense of great space and light. The impressive full height, double aspect reception dining hall gives access to the sitting room, open-plan kitchen/breakfast room with dining area and family snug/sitting room. From the study there is access to the guest bedroom, shower room and utility. The first floor galleried landing leads to the principle bedroom and spacious en-suite bathroom, with three further bedrooms and a family bathroom
The Willows is a spacious and beautifully presented detached single storey holiday cottage / annexe with two bedrooms accessing a 'Jack & Jill' bathroom and a third principle bedroom with en-suite shower room. The vaulted sitting room has glazing to one wall and is a wonderfully light room with views across the garden. The accommodation further boasts an open-plan and well fitted kitchen / dining / living area, utility room and cloakroom.
The Granary sits on staddle stones and would make an ideal home office, or quirky Airbnb accommodation. In addition, there is also a detached home office with power / internet connected.
The Willows & The Granary have their own separate access off the country Lane.
The main area of garden is laid to lawn with a variety of established tree, shrub and flower borders with an attractive pond, complimentary seating area and an additional enclosed paddock / garden. There is ample parking to the front of the house which is gravelled, and a large detached garage / workshop which has multiple uses but currently used as a gym.
East Street Barn is situated at the end of a long private driveway and within easy reach of the nearby popular village of Ash. Ash is surrounded by beautiful countryside with the village itself offering a very good selection of amenities which include pubs, primary schools, doctors surgery, physiotherapy clinic, general stores, chemist, library, tennis courts, rugby club, Bowles club and village hall offering a busy program of events and clubs. A wider range of facilities can be found in the nearby Cinque Port town of Sandwich, approximately three miles distant, and the Cathedral city of Canterbury, which is about eleven miles away. There are high speed train services from Sandwich and Canterbury to London St Pancras, with ferry crossing to the continent from the port of Dover and the Channel Tunnel services at Folkestone. For all golf enthusiasts, the Princes Golf Club and St Royal St Georges Golf Club are close by at Sandwich Bay.
Directions - from Sandwich take the Ash Road towards the roundabout and proceed onto the A257. Just past the bus layby on the right is the private drive leading to East Street Barn which can be found at the end of the drive on the right hand side.